Monday 10 June 2013

Low Carb Strawberry Ice Cream

Ireland is currently showing it's very beautiful side. It's sunny and warm since a week and I couldn't be more pleased!
What goes good with a temperature of more than 20 degrees? ICE CREAM!
What doesn't go good at all with a low carb way of living? ICE CREAM!

It was time to change this!

Low Carb Layla uses almond milk quite often for shakes and other sweet treats. It is low carb and a good alternative to cow milk which you shouldn't consume too much when being on a low carb diet.

So I had the idea to use sugar free jello powder to make some ice cream which is based on almond milk and also some normal whipping cream.

I whipped the cream together with a few tablespoons of Splenda. Once the cream was stiff I put in the jello mix and blended. Last step was to put in almond milk. I didn't measure it, I just made sure to end up with a smooth ice cream mix, which is thick enough to make a nice ice cream.



The whole procedure took me less than 5 minutes!
I do have an ice cream maker, but we are not really good friends.

So I put the ice cream mixture into a bowl and popped it into the freezer. I set a time to give it a good stir every hour.

About two and a half hours later it was time to give this a try. YUMM YUMM!!!! Soooooo good, finally low carb ice cream! Love it....can't wait to have another small bowl later!

You will so have to give this a try ;-))



No comments:

Post a Comment