Saturday 18 May 2013

Spanish Tapas at Picaderos

As mentioned yesterday my BF and me went to a spanish tapas restaurant to celebrate his birthday.
Because it's a busy little place we only were able to get a reservation for 9.30pm.

I surprised Mark with his favourite starter and some bubbly at home:
Brown bread with iceberg lettuce, shrimps and smoked salmon


After drinking nearly two bottles of bubbly it was time to take a taxi to Picaderos in Maynooth.
We ordered a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from Chile and a selection of Tapas.
The pictures are a bit dark, because I took them with my phone

We had meatballs in tomato sauce


Very spicy Piri Piri chicken wings


Green Olives


A selection of cold meats and cheeses


Prawns 


Chicken skewers


Everything was just divine and absolute perfect. I just love having all the little dishes. This way you can try a little bit of everything and order more in case the first order just didn't fill you up. 
But we were very full after eating all this! 

For desert I had a creamy Baileys coffee


My BF ordered a strawberry cheesecake which was served with lovely vanilla ice cream. Yep, I did try a spoon full even though I am on my low carb diet. It tasted absolutely delicious and was the perfect end to a perfect dinner. 


Full of food and wine we took a taxi home. 
If you are in the area you should really go to Picaderos and work your way through the very long menu. If you are not a big fan of tapas, they also serve gorgeous looking burgers, steaks and other dishes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment